Thought-provoking questions about:
Market Position and Brand
- Within UTMB’s Academic Enterprise in 2020, for what are we best known? How widely is that perception held?
- How are we seen by other stakeholders — national and international research community, our community, physicians, officers and employees, board members, patients, public officials, and our suppliers?
- What is our market share in key programs? Primary care? Cancer? Cardiovascular? Sophisticated ambulatory services? Intensive care services? What service areas are we in programmatically and geographically? What stays in our market versus being referred out?
- How are we seen by the media, insurance companies, and government buyers? Are we the low cost provider? The high quality provider?
- How are we differentiated from the competition? Do we intend to create, drive, or trail the market? How do the NIH and private foundations view our research enterprise? Are we a desirable place to work? To invest a career?