2013 Professional Development and Data Systems Workshop
July 25 - 26, 2013 | Bethesda, MD
Agenda Topics Include:
- Establish a network of Hispanic scholars in health services
- Develop career-enhancing skills with national and state datasets
- Strengthen participants' skills and knowledge to better contribute to Hispanic health
Career Success, Grantsmanship, Scientific Writing and Data Systems
The Center of Excellence Consortium Joint Conference
June 10 - 11, 2013
UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School
Join us for the first faculty development conference of the COEC. This exciting
conference will provide opportunities for professional networking and skills development
for faculty to advance in academic medicine.
Register for a session now by clicking a date below:
Once registered you will receive an email confirming your registration with information
you need to join the Webinar.
- 7:45a.m. - 9a.m. - A Dean's Perspective on Minority Faculty Development and Opening
Remarks from Consortium Leaders
- 2:30-4:30p.m. - Individualized and "Just in Time" Career Development for Minority
- 9-11:30a.m. - Promoting Scholarship by Authoring an Effective Research and Medical
- 1:30-4p.m. - How Finance Drives Your Institution and Program Debriefing
2nd Annual Faculty Development Conference
October 8 and 9, 2012
Moody Gardens Hotel
Elena Rios, M.D., M.S.P.H.
President & CEO, National Hispanic Medical Association (http://www.nhmamd.org/)
President, National Hispanic Health Foundation (http://www.nhmafoundation.org/)
Jennifer Shine Dyer, M.D., M.P.H., Ben Raimer, MD, Gulshan Sharma, MD, Christopher
R. Thomas, MD, Penny Powers, Mary Donna Piazza, Dreux Ste. Marie, Norma A. Perez,
Faculty Development Conference
November 3 and 4, 2011
Moody Gardens Hotel
Coaching: Climbing to Success
Career Advancement, Mentorship, Collegial Networking
Katherine Flores, M.D.
University of California, San Francisco, Fresno
Director, Latino Center for Medical Education and Research
"Building an Academic Medicine Career Excellence in Teaching, Research, Leadership
and Community Service"
Judith Aronson, M.D., Vicki Freeman, Ph.D., Oma Morey, Ph.D., Virginia Niebuhr,
Ph.D., Linda Phillips, M.D., Mary Donna Piazza, B.F.A., C.T., Sarah Toombs-Smith,