Allergy & Immunology
Rana Bonds, M.D.
Ken Fujise, M.D.
Nicola Abate, M.D.
Don Powell, M.D.
Thomas A. Blackwell, M.D.
Mukaila Raji, M.D.
Avi Markowitz, M.D.
Richard Goodgame, M.D.
Clinton White, M.D.
John Badalamenti, M.D.
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Victor J. Cardenas, M.D.
Emilio B. Gonzalez, M.D.
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Order set
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medications
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
- 111 - Stroke Alert
- 112 - Stroke Activation
- 300086 - Stroke Floor Admission
- 3000000001 - Stroke Critical care without tPA
- 300088 Stroke - Transfer from Critical care to floor
- 3004002 - Stroke Discharge
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.