Yingxin Zhao, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Division of Endocrinology
Yingxin Zhao, Ph.D.
Scientist, Sealy Center for Molecular Medicine
Director, SRM facility, Sealy Center for Molecular Medicine
Division of Endocrinology
Department of Internal Medicine
University of Texas Medical Branch
8.138 Medical Research Building
Galveston, Texas 77555-1060
My research focuses on developing and applying of state-of-the-art mass spectrometry and proteomics to accurately quantify the temporal changes in the proteome, and to identify the potential diagnostic biomarkers and drug targets for the treatment of diseases. Specifically, I am interested in the following aspects:
- Characterization of innate immunity signaling pathway by stable isotope dilution-selected reaction monitoring mass spectrometry (SID-SRM-MS)
- Biomarker discovery and verification.
- Quantitative proteomics and phosphoproteomics.
- Proteomic analysis of other protein post-translational modifications.
The UTMB Center for Global Health Education (CGHE) is dedicated to the training of tomorrow's global health work force to improve health for the people of Texas and around the world. Check out their website for more information on the global health programs and education going on in our department.
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.