Gurinder Luthra, D.O.
Associate Professor, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Gurinder Luthra, D.O.
Department of Internal Medicine
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd., Route 0764
Galveston, TX 77555-0764
Dr. Gurinder Luthra is currently an Associate Professor in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine at The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston. He has also served as the Director of Endoscopy and Medical Director, UTMB Medical-Surgical Specialty GI Clinic since June 2009. Dr. Luthra earned his DO degree, with honors, in 1991 from the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine located in Fort Worth, Texas. He then did residency training and GI fellowship training at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas.
He is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Texas Medical Association. Dr. Luthra is also Board Certified in Gastroenterology.
Dr. Luthra's clinical expertise lies Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Gastrointestinal Cancer & Imaging (Endoscopy).
- Srinivasan R, Luthra G, Raju, GS (Jul 17 2007). Colon â€“ Endoscopic Hemostasis of Diverticular Bleed. The DAVE Project. Retrieved Feb. 11, 2008 from http://dave1.mgh.harvard.edu/ViewFilms.cfm?film_id=637
- Chaya CT, Luthra G, Ernst R, Bhutani MS. A subepithelial mass determined by EUS to be a splenic artery aneurysm. Gastrointest Endosc. 2007 Jan;65(1):153-4; discussion 154. Epub 2006 Sep 20
- Raju GS, Nath S, Zhao X, Gomez G, Luthra G, Jafri S. Duodenal diverticular hemostasis with endoclipping of the bleeder and the feeder. Gastrointest Endosc 2003; 57: 116-117.
- Luthra G, DiNuzzo AR, Gourley WK, Crowe, SE. Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection in patients undergoing endoscopy: Comparison of biopsy and serological methods of diagnosis and role of antibiotics. American Journal of Gastroenterology 1998;93:1291-1296.
- Shrestha S, Kemmer N, Singh H, Pasricha PJ, Luthra G. Hollow viscus wall thickening on abdominal CT: what does it mean? The American Journal of Gastroenterology 98 (9), 2550-2550
- Bamford, K.B., Fan, X.J., Crowe, S.E., Leary, J.F., Gourley, W.K., Luthra, G.K., Brooks, E.G., Graham, D.Y., Reyes, V.E., and Ernst, P.B. Lymphocytes during infection with Helicobacter pylori have a helper I (Th1) phenotype. Gastroenterology. 1997.
- Crowe, S.E., Luthra G.K., Perdue, M.H. Mast cell-mediated ion transport in intestine from subjects with and without inflammatory bowel disease. Gut 1997; 41:785-782.
- Luthra G, Fan X, Song F, Reyes VE, Crowe SE, Ernst PB. IL-10 prevents induction of apoptosis of gastric epithelial cells by H. pylori and interferon-γ. Gastroenterology 1997; 112(4): A203.