The Division of Rheumatology is here to provide the highest quality of care to patients with rheumatic diseases while training fellows, residents and students with up-to-date and evidence based knowledge of disease processes and treatments.
We are engaged in clinical and basic research in antiphospholipid syndrome and scleroderma.
UTMB Multispecialty Center
2660 Gulf Freeway South, Suite 2
League City, Texas 77573
Primary Care Pavillion (PCP)
400 Harborside Drive, Ste. 100
Galveston, TX 77555
[download clinics flyer]
Division of Rheumatology
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Boulevard, Rte. 0565
Galveston, TX 77555-0565
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
- 111 - Stroke Alert
- 112 - Stroke Activation
- 300086 - Stroke Floor Admission
- 3000000001 - Stroke Critical care without tPA
- 300088 Stroke - Transfer from Critical care to floor
- 3004002 - Stroke Discharge
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.