University Hospital Clinics
Texas City Family Health Care Center
9300 Emmitt Lowery Expressway,
Suite 138 Texas City, Texas 77590
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed for lunch 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
TDCJ 4C - Hospital
Hours of Operation: Monday 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. & Tuesday through
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phlebotomists, do not:
- Draw specimens from a heparin lock, shunt or other
indwelling device; draw below an IV line.
- Draw blood from a lower extremity without the written
permission of the attending physician.
- Perform arterial punctures.
- Make more than three attempts to obtain a specimen from a patient.
- Draw specimens for Type and Crossmatch.
Stat tests, timed specimens and blood cultures from
inpatients are to be collected by the nursing or medical staff. A phlebotomist
will draw a STAT or timed specimen if they are on the unit at the time the
specimen is to be drawn. The phlebotomist will notify the nurse when
a phlebotomy procedure has not been successful.