Collection of SurePath™ Thin Layer Cervical Sample
- Insert the Rover's Cervex-Brush® into the endo-cervical canal.
- Apply gentle pressure until the bristles form against the cervix.
- Maintaining gentle pressure, hold the stem between the thumb and
forefinger and rotate the brush five times in a clockwise direction.
- Remove the Rover's Cervex-Brush® from the patient.
- Placing your thumb against the back of the brush, disconnect the
entire brush from the stem, dropping it into the CytoRich® preservative vial.
- Place the cap on the vial and tighten.
- Label the vial with patient's full name and ID number and/or
physician name and date.
- Complete the Cytopathology requisition form with the required information.
- Put the vial and the matching requisition into a specimen bag and
send to the Cytopathology lab.
Reviewed 6/22/12 by Robert Stewart