Responsibilities for safety do not end with the Safety Committees and EHS. UTMB Administration has the responsibilities of:
· Providing facilities and equipment required for a safe work environment.
· Approving health and safety policies,
· Establishing priorities and committing resources for correction of safety deficiencies,
· Establishing methods for dissemination of policies and other safety-related information,
· Establishing methods for implementation of policies,
· Establishing an accountability system for safety performance.
Supervisors have the responsibility to:
· Ensure that all employees are educated and trained in safety policies and procedures,
· Ensure that employees comply with established policies and procedures,
· Refer unsafe practices or conditions, as well as other safety problems, to Health and Safety Services.
· Maintain records, forward to Health and Safety Services.
Employees have the responsibility to:
· Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures,
· Report all accidents to the proper supervisor,
· Report unsafe practices or conditions to supervisors and Environmental Health and Safety.