Gel Fixation and SYPRO™ Ruby Staining
- Acetic acid
- Fixative/Destain Solution (see recipe below)
- SYPRO Ruby™ protein gel stain (Molecular Probes or Bio-Rad)
Reagents and Solutions:
- 10% methanol
- 7% acetic acid
(Prepare with Milli-Q H2O)
1. Remove gel from plates. Rinse in dI H2O. Fix gel in fixative/destain for 30 minutes with shaking at RT.
2. Rinse gel in dI H2O. Stain with SYPRO Ruby for a minimum of 3 hrs or stain overnight on a shaker at RT. Since SYPRO Ruby is a fluorescent stain, the gel should be covered with foil to protect from light.
3. Rinse with deIonized H2O. Destain for 30 minutes using fixative/destain on a shaker at RT.
Return to Separations Technology Core