Bio-Medical Technician I
Job Title: Bio-Medical Technician I
Department: Clinical Equipment Services
Reports To: Operations Manager
The primary role of a BMET I is the maintenance of clinical equipment
through the effective use of the ARAMARK ServiceMaster CEM Program. Responsibilities include performance inspections,
equipment calibration, preventive maintenance, environmental inspection, customer communications, and personal development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs preventive maintenance and calibration on medical equipment.
- Performs "first look" response to service requests.
- Performs corrective maintenance under the supervision of senior personnel.
- Familiar with the setup and application of basic test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator etc.)
- Conducts departmental rounds to foster communications with our customers.
- Pursues professional growth through self-education, professional affiliations, and on the job training.
To perform this job successfully, the individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Have a working knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to the diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring characteristics of clinical equipment.
- Possess theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and mechanical technology, as well as familiarity with reading circuit diagrams and mechanical schematics.
- Familiar with pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the clinical equipment in their area.
- Good customer skills and must be capable of working well with others at all levels.
- A self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision and organizing and prioritizing their workload.
Education: A two-year Associate degree in Electronics or Biomedical Equipment Technology or an equivalent technical program.
Experience: No experience required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical literature, schematics and technical drawings.
Mathematical Skills: Algebra.
Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, estabilsh facts, and draw valid conclusions. Can interpret techinical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good distance vision in both eyes, able to read, without strain, printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and normal color vision.
- Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid.
- Full use of hands, arms, legs and feet.
- Capable of walking and standing more than 6 hours daily.
- Capable of lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of routine work will be performed in a clinical setting around patient’s and patient providers. Some work will be performed in a shop environment.
To apply for this position, please click here.
For immediate consideration, please attach your resume.