Job Title: Equipment Distributor
Department: Clinical Equipment Services
Reports To: CES Coordinator
Under the general direction of the Clinical Equipment Services Coordinator, the Equipment Distributor
is responsible for providing services related to the smooth operation of the Clinical Equipment Services Department. Duties include, but are not limited to,
distributing various supplies and equipment throughout the hospital in a timely and safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Distributes equipment, supplies and miscellaneous items as directed by Dispatchers and/or removes such equipment when not in use.
- Completes and files charge slips for departmental rental equipment.
- Completes the distrubution calls within the alloted time standard.
- Follows departmental/hospital policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Respects privacy and confidentiality of patients and family.
- Distributor resets par levels.
- Distributor checks with dispatch, offering to help other employees.
- Moves equipment with care to minimize damage.
- Reports broken equipment and returns equipment to proper locations. Is responsible
for cleaning and maintaining equipment. Knows procedure for keeping all equipment in good working order.
- Employee reports all personal injuries to supervisor no matter how slight. Distributor knows proper techniques for transporting equipment to prevent accident or injury.
- Responsible for following all OSHA and infection control procedures (gloves, PPE and basic hand washing procedures).
- Employee is flexible and willing to help other CES team members.
- Employee displays a positive attitude, communicates well and gets along well with coworkers.
- Follows departmental policy regarding dress code and appearance (examples: uniforms are neat and pressed; hair is neat and
clean and nametag is worn at all times).
- Participates in ongoing in-service education sessions and
related training to increase personal knowledge of specific work related
issues and personal development.
- Responds to customers’ (hospital staff, doctors)
requests in a professional, helpful customer service manner in person
and on the telephone.
- Completes special assigned projects as directed by
supervisor within the given time frame.
To perform this job successfully, the individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: No experience required.
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs.). Bending, stooping, pushing and transporting equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good verbal and communication skills are required.
- Proven organization skills.
- Ability to interact with and work well with staff to
improve service, regularly contributing new ideas and suggestions.
- Open to different points of view and is a good role model.
- Maintains a professional appearance and behavior when
interacting with customers and staff.
To apply for this position, please click here.
For immediate consideration, please attach your resume.