UTMB-CET: An Overview
Oversight and administration of the UTMB Center in Environmental Toxicology (UTMB-CET) is the ultimate responsibility of the Director and Deputy Director, Drs. Elferink and Cheng, respectively. They are aided by the Director's Executive Committee, and both the External Advisory Board and the Internal Advisory Board. Managerial support is provided by the Administrative Coordinator (Mrs. Tracie Albritton) and Administrative Associate, (Ms. Shelly Lewis).
The Administrative Core is the chief administrative unit of the UTMB-CET. The Core's primary objective is to enhance the intellectual atmosphere for Center Investigators through:
- Leadership and facilitation of collaborative initiatives identified by the Collaborative Research Team mechanism consistent with the strategic vision of the Center;
- Overseeing the announcement, receipt and review of Pilot Projects, coordinated by the Deputy Director;
- Joint recruitment with UTMB Centers and Departments of new faculty with an interest in environmental health and medicine;
- Fiscal oversight of the UTMB-CET budget including:
- Strategic use of the Director's Fund
- Tracking Facility Core usage and management of discounts extended to Center investigators;
- Coordination of UTMB-CET activities including seminars, retreats, annual progress reports and submission of competing and non-competing renewals;
- Implementation of the Internal and External Advisory Board recommendations to the Center Director and Provost.
Curabitur posuere, pede vitae lacinia accumsan, enim nibh elementum orci, ut volutpat eros sapien nec sapien. Suspendisse neque arcu, ultrices commodo, pellentesque sit amet, ultricies ut, ipsum. Mauris et eros eget erat dapibus mollis. Mauris laoreet posuere odio. Nam ipsum ligula, ullamcorper eu, fringilla at, lacinia ut, augue. Nullam nunc.