2014 CIRWH Seed Grant and Travel Grant Recipients
- Gregg N. Milligan, PhD.: "Novel Vaccine Platform to Elicit T Cell Immunity in the Female Genital Tract." (Awarded the Center for Indisciplinary Research in Women's Health 2014 Seed Grant.)
- Jayanth Ramadoss, PhD.: "Protein Signature for Chronic Pelvic Pain in Women." Ramadoss, J., Muir, T.W. (Awarded the Center for Indisciplinary Research in Women's Health 2014 Seed Grant.)
- Pooja R. Patel, MD: "Teen Pregnancies: A Possible Solution." Abstract presented at the 2014 International Conference on Women's Health, Gynecology & Obstetrics in Chicago, Illinois. (Awarded the Center for Indisciplinary Research in Women's Health 2014 Travel Grant.)
- Sara Nowakowski, PhD: "Examination of Sleep Continuity and Insomnia Severity in Peri and Postpartum Women who Perceive their Sleep to have Worsened by the Menopausal Transition." Abstract presented at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Awarded the Center for Indisciplinary Research in Women's Health 2014 Travel Grant.)
Award-winning Post-Doctoral Poster Presentations
- Stacy Davlin, PhD: "Correlates of HPV knowledge among low-income, minority mothers with a child 9 - 17 years of age." Davlin SL, Berenson AB, Rahman M. (Won first place at the Women's Health & Sex Differences Research Scientific Poster Session in the category of Public Health Research. Awarded by the NIH Office of Research on Women's Health at the Women's Health 2013: 21st Annual Congress in Washington, DC. March 2013.)
Award-winning Medical Student Poster Presentations
- Lee Elam: "Effects of recommendations from different sources on maternal HPV knowledge and vaccine uptake among their adolescent children." A.B Berenson, L. Elam, M. Rahman. Ob-Gyn, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX. Sponsor: Faculty Women’s Caucus, Jean L. Freeman, Ph.D. (Awarded the 2013 Norma H. Rubin Prize for Excellence in Research.)
Congratulations to these outstanding individuals for their excellent contributions to women's health research!
If you would like more information or wish to request a listing on this page, please contact Abbey B. Berenson, MD, PhD.