Classroom sessions of General Training Review, which includes information about general compliance, HIPAA, sexual harassment/EEO law, information protection, general fire safety, and threatening situations will be offered in June, July and August. Dates are published in the spring.
- Standards of Conduct Guide
- General compliance and business ethics
- Billing compliance
- Research compliance
- Conflicts of interest
- Patient Privacy
- Employee’s individual responsibility for knowledge of and compliance with laws, regulations, and policies
- Reporting violations or questionable conduct
- Fraud and abuse
- Self-referral issues
- Use of compliance hotlines
- Prohibition against remuneration for referrals
- Emerging compliance issues
- Compliance as a condition of employment and as a function of job performance
- Legal consequences of non-compliance
No registration necessary.
UTMB is committed to communicating our standards for ethical conduct and UTMB policies to all employees and students. The OIC provides education and training to develop compliance awareness and commitment. All administration, faculty, medical staff, employees and students must complete general compliance training that includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
The education and training program includes annual general compliance training and privacy training for all employees and students. Specific training is required for all new faculty physicians and practitioners. Employees and students are required to complete required training assigned for their specific position in accordance with appropriate timeframes and frequency. The content of the training includes laws and regulations applicable to specific job duties and responsibilities. As new developments or concerns arise, UTMB OIC may require additional training for some or all UTMB employees. A variety of teaching methods, materials, tools, and languages will be utilized to instill compliance knowledge, awareness, and conduct in every employee.
- Billing Compliance Training
- HIPAA Training