Mission and Goals
To alleviate suffering caused by tropical diseases through basic, applied and field research, education, and service.
* Facilitate opportunities for research training, synergistic partnerships, and funding
* Promote the implementation of research discoveries that will impact the health of people in the tropics
* Enhance the scientific expertise and infrastructure of tropical infectious diseases research
* Enhance synergy between CTD investigators at UTMB and between CTD investigators and international partners
* Integrate with other UTMB Global Health education and service programs
* Encourage strategic expansion of research in chronic diseases relevant to the tropics