Improving health in Texas, across the nation and around the world
The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB Health) has an amazing story to tell.
Since its founding in 1891, UTMB Health has graduated more physicians than any other Texas medical school, awarded more than 34,000 degrees to health professionals and health scientists, advanced the understanding and treatment of diseases through pioneering research, and helped hundreds of thousands of patients each year overcome illness and injury.
UTMB launched a $450 million comprehensive campaign in April 2012. Campaign commitments to date total $238 million, including a landmark $170 million lead gift. UTMB has a strong message of service to the state, nation and world that resonates well with the philanthropic community.
- Texas’ first Schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. Including the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, over 3000 students enrolled. More than 800 health professionals graduate each year.
- 4,500 physician alumni practicing in Texas, the highest number from any Texas medical school.
- Only national laboratory in Texas; one of only two national biocontainment labs in the U.S. translating research ideas into therapies, vaccines and diagnostic tests to combat infectious diseases.
- One of the world’s largest university-based vaccine development centers, pioneering vaccines against Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
- Telemedicine contract for medical services to National Science Foundation research stations in the Antarctica.
In order to support our expansion, we are seeking creative and innovative development professionals to join us as we engage UTMB alumni and other supporters from the State of Texas, from across the nation and around the world.
You can learn more about UTMB Health, the position and our plans for the future from this website. We encourage you to contact us directly to find out what makes UTMB Health such an exceptional career choice and Galveston such a unique living opportunity. By talking to people who work and live here, you will quickly get a sense of our culture of inherent compassion and collaboration.
We hope this challenge inspires you. We look forward to talking with you.
Vice President and Chief Development Officer