GSBS Dean’s Report – Faculty Senate 6/10/13
1. The 2nd yearly presentation of the GSBS & IMH-sponsored course titled The Ethics of Scientific Research directed by Dr. Mark Clark (IMH) occurred May 22 & 23, 2013. This course is required for all GSBS students and postdoctoral fellows.
2. The Nursing PhD graduate program underwent an external review on May 29 & 30, 2013. The review went very well. Dr. Watson can provide more detail.
3. We are planning for a review of the GSBS MMS program on Friday, August 23rd. Dr. Valbuena is assembling the self study.
4. The GSBS, along with our Gulf Coast Consortium sister graduate schools in Houston has purchased an exhibit booth for the two annual national meetings for URM students and postdocs to be held in fall 2013. These are SACNAS & ABRCMS (see attachment). We have been doing this for over a decade to get our recruitment information displayed, judge posters presented, and network with students and their scientific advisors.
5. GSBS deans have devised and are emailing to our alumni a simple survey (attached) which we hope will provide some information about career success.