Report to the Faculty
Elizabeth J. Protas
of Health Professions
- We welcome Eileen Tseng, Adjunct Assistant
Professor, and Charlotte Barnhart, Coordinator 1, Department of Physical
Therapy, Rajkumar Rajendran,
Medical Technologist 1,
Department of Clinical Lab Sciences, Sneha Nagamma, Clinical Research
Coordinator, Nutrition and Metabolism, and Hyacinth Woods, Business Coordinator, Office of
- Amit Kumar, Rehabilitation
Sciences Ph.D. Student, received a
Martin Luther King Community Service Award at the Martin Luther King
- We congratulate Holly West, Physician Assistant Studies, who was nominated
for a Regents Outstanding Teaching Award.
- December 2012 graduates of Physician Assistant Studies had 100% first time pass rate on
their licensure exam. This is the
3rd time for this department who also had 100% pass rates in 2008 and 2010.
We are revising the SHP Research Strategic Plan to reflect
our new Department of Nutrition and Metabolism.
We continue to exceed our
contribution margin for the FY 13 budget.
- New appointments to our SHP Advisory Council include Fred Black and Tony OCallahan, both from Galveston. Mr. Black is a lawyer and Mr. OCallahan is a retired health care administrator and
- The Causeway FunDrun is scheduled for March 2, 2013.
- Review faculty compensation
- Faculty recruitment
- Expanding enrollment within resources
- Implement New Masters programs
- Improve research infrastructure
- Expand faculty participation in faculty practice