Report to the Faculty
Elizabeth J. Protas
of Health Professions
- We have
recruited over 7.5 faculty since May, 2012, and
still have another 6 FTE positions to replace.
- Dr. Tim Reistetter, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy, was selected as a Fellow
of the American Occupational Therapy Association. This is a special
membership class of the association.
- We responded to the Accreditation Council on
Education in Nutrition and Dietetics site visit report on Feb. 28th. The Councils final determination on
preliminary accreditation for Nutrition
& Metabolism will occur in April.
- We have been informed that the THECB will respond
to our request for Joint Preliminary Authority for a Doctorate in Clinical Laboratory Sciences with UTHSCSA
- The Request for Preliminary Authority for the Occupational Therapy Doctorate has
received campus approval and will be forwarded to UT System.
- The SHP Research Strategic Plan has
We continue to exceed our contribution margin for the FY 13
We have received a planned gift of $
250,000 from an anonymous donor to support student scholarships.
The Faculty Practice Plan has generated $ 24,874.17 in faculty
- The Causeway FunDrun was a success with over 715 runners, we had 156 student volunteers, and we raised over $
60,000 for student scholarships.
- Fourteen occupational
therapy students participated in UTMBs Legislative Day February 5th. They interacted with Representative
Craig Bonnens wife, Kim, a graduate of the UTMB
- Review faculty compensation
- Faculty recruitment
- Expanding enrollment within resources
- Implement New Masters programs
- Improve research infrastructure
- Expand faculty participation in faculty practice