Budget and Analysis: Mission
The Office of Budget and Analysis serves as liaison to the UTMB institution to help facilitate and communicate the institutional budget and analysis processes. We communicate with entity leadership and financial leaders regarding budget variance explanations, budget concerns and issues. We also provide accurate and timely management tools including: UT System State Budget and Approved Internal Budget. We provide customer service for the ongoing budget and planning operations and strive to improve and create a more precise methodology of entity cost allocation.
The Office of Budget and Analysis is a productive team with mutual trust and respect that values dedication, performance, and hard work.
- Eliminate shadow systems and standardize the institutional budget process with the implementation of Hyperion Planning software
- Streamline the budget process
- Provide reports with useful information to assist entity leaders in financial margin management
- Provide departmental end users with the ability to access the data needed to better analyze budget variances
- Provide Institutional financial modeling and forecasting capabilities
- Consistently supply reliable financial data to all business units
- Establish more effective lines of communication regarding the budget process and ongoing budget-related matters
- Educate end users on budget processes, system capabilities, and budget information