Patients who are more actively involved in their health care have been shown to be more satisfied with their health care experiences and are more compliant with care plans, leading to better health outcomes.
As of June 14, UTMB Health now offers a new electronic tool to help patients become more engaged in their care--the rollout of the new electronic patient portal, MyChart
, is complete.
With MyChart, patients are able to:
- Access portions of their medical record online (ideal during hurricane season)
- View their lab results (the top feature patients access through MyChart)
- Request refills of current medications
- Send a non-urgent secure message to the clinic team and provider
- Request to schedule a clinic appointment
- Look at past appointment information, and the After Visit Summary (AVS)
- Print out health information when a paper copy is for immunizations, medications, health history and a wallet card with health information.
MyChart was first piloted at Stewart Road Family Health in late January 2011. In less than five months, MyChart has been rolled out to all of the ambulatory clinics and physicians currently live on Epic, and is now available to our patients enterprise wide. More than 5,000 patients have already enrolled at UTMB Health. Patients may easily request to activate a cost-free MyChart account from the MyChart website, or they may be assisted with the activation process by clinic staff during their visit. A free MyChart application is also available to iPhone users from the Apple App Store.
Look for sign-up locations soon throughout the campus for employees who are patients.