UTMB Clinic Recognition Awards for 2010
Meeting our patients’ needs is dependent on working together, and the people who were recognized this year are wonderful examples of our great team! Please congratulate the following winners:
- OSA of the Year: Delinda Mosley – Friendswood Adult and Pediatric Clinic
- Nurse of the Year: Glenda Shows, LVN - Texas City Family Health Clinic
- Clinical Support Staff of the Year: Barbara Williams, HTA - Endocrine & Diabetes Clinic, Galveston
- Doctor of the Year: Anika Bell Gray, MD - Texas City Family Health Clinic
- Clinic of the Year: Texas City Family Health Clinic - Jenny Lanier, Practice Manager
Mary Fyfe graduated from the UTMB School of Nursing in May. As a senior taking the required Mother and Family course in obstetrics, she produced a painting for a class project on “health promotion in pregnancy.” A former art teacher, Fyfe switched to a nursing career after illness in her family inspired her to help others. She donated the painting to the Perinatal Residence, an on-campus housing option for medically at-risk mothers. Close proximity ensures mothers-to-be with complications are within minutes of the hospital. Fyfe was a student of Associate Professor Natalie Bachynsky, whose class visited the complex as part of their course work, providing education for the mothers in residence.