Shreyas Modi, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Division of Cardiology
Shreyas Modi, M.D.
Director, Heart Station and Cardiac Rehabilitation
Leader, Cardiology Quality Assurance Program
Director, Coronary Care Unit
Director, Cardiology Inpatient Services
Division of Cardiology
Department of Internal Medicine
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77555-1060
- Cardiac Echocardiography
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Clinical Cardiology
University Cardiology Clinic in Texas City.
- 3-D Echocardiography
- Prevention and Medical Management of Coronary Artery Disease
- Quality Improvement
Dr Modi completed his Residency in Internal Medicine from UTMB in 2006. He then pursued a fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases from UTMB and The Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center. After graduation in 2009, he joined as an Assistant Professor in Non-Invasive Cardiology at UTMB. His professional interests include cardiac imaging, clinical cardiology, congenital heart diseases, medical education, quality improvement, and physician quality reporting initiatives. He is board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, and Internal Medicine. He works as an inpatient attending, faculty preceptor and outpatient practitioner at the John Sealy Hospital, TDCJ and Mainland Medical Center.
|M.D.||2001||Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute|
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston TX
University of Texas Medical Branch and The Methodist, DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center, Houston TX
- "A Case Report of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm with Aortopulmonary Artery Fistula" Shreyas A Modi, Umara Raza, SuMin Chang; This case report has been published by the European Journal of Echocardiography (Eur J Echocardiogr. 2009 May;10(3):450-1).
- "Effect of Low-Frequency Ultrasound on Activity and Tissue Content of Nitric Oxide in the Setting of Acute Limb Ischemia in Rabbits" Shaul Atara, Robert J. Siegelb, Rami Akela, Yumei Yea Yu Lina, Shreyas A. Modi, Asif Sewani, Enrique Tuero and Yochai Birnbaum; This article had been published by Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (Ultrasound Med Biol. 2007 Sep;33(9):1483-8).
- "Systematic Overview and Clinical Applications of Pacing Atrial Stress Echocardiography." Shreyas A. Modi, Robert J. Siegel, Yochai Birnbaum, and Shaul Atara; This manuscript has been published by the American Journal of Cardiology (Am J Cardiol. 2006 Aug 15;98(4):549-56).
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.