To provide state of the art training in the field of Endocrinology and Metabolism with emphasis on developing career as clinical scientist conducting clinical and translational research either in academic setting or in private practice setting.
- To provide excellent evidence-based clinical training in Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- To provide in-depth training in clinical research including ethics of human subject research, regulatory requirements.
- To provide opportunities to pursue academic career with extension of fellowship with a mentor for additional year and assist in applying for career development grants to facilitate retention in academic career.
This section is currently under development. Please come back and visit us again soon.
The UTMB Center for Global Health Education (CGHE) is dedicated to the training of tomorrow's global health work force to improve health for the people of Texas and around the world. Check out their website for more information on the global health programs and education going on in our department.
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.