Jasmine Boparai, M.D.
Jasmine Boparai, M.D.
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism
Department of Internal Medicine
Victory Lakes Town Center
2660 Gulf Freeway South, Suite 9
League City, TX 77573.1422
Dr. Boparai specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, and and sees patients at the UTMB Multi-Specialty Center at the Victory Lakes Town Center in League City. Dr. Boparai believes that if patients are aware of disease processes and treatment options, and if they are educated about their health goals, they will play a more active role in their care, have better outcomes, and be more empowered in their health management. Dr. Boparai provides comprehensive care to diabetes patients because by addressing different aspects of the disease simultaneously, outcomes can be improved. Dr Boparai has a strong commitment to forwarding research and education. She has collaborated with several researchers and organizes several conferences for the Endocrinology fellowship program.
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
- 111 - Stroke Alert
- 112 - Stroke Activation
- 300086 - Stroke Floor Admission
- 3000000001 - Stroke Critical care without tPA
- 300088 Stroke - Transfer from Critical care to floor
- 3004002 - Stroke Discharge
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.