Anna Rotkiewicz , M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine
Anna Rotkiewicz, M.D.
Department of Internal Medicine-Geriatrics
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd.
Galveston Texas, 77555-0177
|Degree/Training Completed||Year||Name & Location|
|Residency–Internal Mdeicine||2003||University of Texas HSC Houston, TX|
|Internship–Internal Medicine||2001||University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa, OK|
|Residency–Internal Medicine||1997||First Department of Internal Diseases, Grochow Hospital, Warsaw, Poland|
|M.D.||1990||Medical University of Warsaw,
Internal Medicine – Poland
Distinction by Biologishe Medizin for the publication "Treatment of Severe Forms of Corticosteroid-dependent Bronchial Asthma with Immunosuppressants and Antihomotoxic Drugs" (co-author with prof. Ryszard Matusiewicz)
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
- 111 - Stroke Alert
- 112 - Stroke Activation
- 300086 - Stroke Floor Admission
- 3000000001 - Stroke Critical care without tPA
- 300088 Stroke - Transfer from Critical care to floor
- 3004002 - Stroke Discharge
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.