UTMB Sleep Lab
The Sleep Disorders Center at the University of Texas Medical Branch provides a wide range of services designed to facilitate diagnosis and specialized management of adult and pediatric sleep disorders.
We provide Board Certified physicians and registered sleep technologists trained in the provision of Sleep Services.
Our center has been in existence for more than 20 years and has a track record for provision of quality sleep services in an expeditious manner. Our faculty includes Shahzad Jokhio, MD, Medical Director and Assistant Professor in the Division of Pulmonary Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine and Thomas K. Speer, PhD, Associate Professor Pulmonary Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
The center is comprised of two laboratories, one of which is a four bed unit located at UTMB in John Sealy towers on the fifth floor. Our mainland laboratory is a two bed unit located in Victory Lakes Town Center. Both locations are outfitted with state of the art monitoring equipment staffed by personnel experienced in the treatment of various sleep disorders.
- Services Provided
- Specialist Consultation
- Overnight Polysomnography
- CPAP and/or BPAP titration
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test
Multispecialty Center Sleep Lab
Victory Lakes Town Center
2660 Gulf Freeway South
League City, Texas 77573
UTMB Sleep Disorder Center
John Sealy Hospital Towers
5B - 521
301 University Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77555
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
- 111 - Stroke Alert
- 112 - Stroke Activation
- 300086 - Stroke Floor Admission
- 3000000001 - Stroke Critical care without tPA
- 300088 Stroke - Transfer from Critical care to floor
- 3004002 - Stroke Discharge
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.