Division of Rheumatology
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Boulevard, Rte. 1165
Galveston, TX 77555-1165
Mainland Medicine Specialties
6504 Memorial Drive (off Hwy. 3, next to Pediatrics Texas City)
Texas City, TX 77591
University Hospital Clinics (UHC)
1005 Harborside Dr., 5th Floor (just east of 11th St.)
Galveston, TX 77555-1326
Please park in UTMB Public Parking Garage 2 on Harborside Dr.
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.