At all of our conveniently located clinics, the skilled and professional physicians in the division of rheumatology evaluate and manage acute and chronic musculoskeletal and inflammatory conditions such as:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Polymyalgia Rheumatic
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Systemic Vasculitis including Wegener's Granulomatosis
- IV Infusion Services are available at the UHC and Friendswood sites
UTMB Multispecialty Center
2660 Gulf Freeway South, Suite 2
League City, Texas 77573
University Hospital Clinics (UHC)
1005 Harborside Dr., 5th Floor (just east of 11th St.)
Galveston, TX 77555-1326
Please park in UTMB Public Parking Garage 2 on Harborside Dr.
The UTMB Center for Global Health Education (CGHE) is dedicated to the training of tomorrow's global health work force to improve health for the people of Texas and around the world. Check out their website for more information on the global health programs and education going on in our department.
The department of internal medicine is developing evidence based clinical protocols which will be available in EPIC (as order sets) for use when admitting patients with these diagnoses. Their AIM is to standardize care and decrease length of stay and readmission rates.Currently available protocols are:
- CAP - Community Acquired Pneumonia Orderset
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Adult, ICU
- General Medicine Admission
- Immunodeficiency Flow Panel
- MICU/CCU Admission Order Set
- Oral Analgesic Medicaitons
- Parenteral Opioids
- Sepsis, Adult ICU
All protocols can be found in the EPIC order set section.
The department of Internal Medicine has a large role in the Meaningful Use Initiative. Our participation is key for the success of the initiative. Please visit the meaningful use website for important communication and updates from the Meaningful Use Initiative.