Bedside Ultrasound Initiative
Simulation Lab ultrasound guided training:
All Internal Medicine residents at UTMB are enrolled early in their training in our ultrasound simulation course. All staff are trained in central line placement, thoracentesis, paracentesis and lumbar puncture, all using ultrasound guidance. It is the perfect preparation for residents to get ready to do these procedures on their own patients under supervision.
Ultrasound Simulation Courses using Sonosim Device:
- Get the experience of anytime anywhere hands-on ultrasound training.
- Improve your image acquisition skills.
- Correctly interpret ultrasound images.
- Diagnose conditions bedside which will help you develop the treatment plan.
- The system includes training courses in:
- Fundamentals of Ultrasound
- Basic Cardiology
- FAST Protocol
- Intestinal & Biliary Ultrasound
- Vascular Access
New Ultrasound Equipment to Improve Patient Care:
Bedside ultrasound conference:
As part of our focus on improving ultrasound skills and knowledge, we started a new monthly bedside ultrasound conference. During the conference we will be teaching techniques, discussing images and residents will have the opportunity to share their experiences and images.