The University of Texas Medical Branch Department of Medicine, in conjunction with the Internal Medicine Residency Program is proud to present a new and innovative advancement in resident education and patient care. As a UTMB internal medicine resident you will have everything at your fingertips. All internal medicine residents are provided with iPads for use throughout their residency, along with a variety of commercially available medical applications at no cost. From medication quick reference and best practice protocols to PACS Imaging access and full EPIC EMR utilization on the go, the integration of iPads into team rounds is changing the way we practice.
- Accessing medical records, radiology studies, medical references and medical apps is now easier than ever.
- You will be able to place orders, follow results and even check on radiology studies during walking rounds without the need to access computers.
- Enhancing patient education, aiding patient-physician communication.
- Access to Up To Date available anywhere on campus on the UTMB wireless network
- Real-time interaction with noon conference lecture material
- Duty Hour App logging
- Access to your monthly schedules and assignments
- App access to the daily call schedule
- Online Paging System
- Immediate access to PubMed, UTMB Library, Best Practice guidelines, other references anywhere on the UTMB campus, and from home via VPN