UTMB Internal Medicine Residency Program
The University of Texas Medical Branch Department of Medicine, in conjunction with the Internal Medicine Residency Program is proud to present a new and innovative advancement in resident education and patient care. All internal medicine residents have been provided with brand new iPads for use throughout residency along with pertinent commercially available medical applications at no cost to the residents. iPads are used during conferences to improve resident participation and interactive teaching sessions via various social connection media software and sites. Usage during rounds includes patient education applications enhancing doctor-patient communication, PACs access for radiology review, multiple medical literature websites, access to uptodate.com, EPIC EMR, etc.
With this initiative residents are also able to place orders, follow up with results, and even check on imaging studies during rounds without the need for computers. Some other benefits include:
- Access and review patient's charts, place orders, review results and even write notes.
- Review of radiology images during rounds through PACs access.
- Access to UpToDate available anywhere on campus on the UTMB wireless network
- Access to monthly schedules and assignments
- Access to the daily call schedule through Amion
- Online Paging System
- Access to NEJM through the wireless network
- Allows for more time directed towards patient care