F-1 Visa Information

The F-1 visa is issued to a foreign national who is "a bona fide student qualified to pursue a full course of study" at an academic or language institution authorized to admit foreign students. Any foreign national applying for admission to UTMB as a student should contact Ms. Carol Cromie, Enrollment Services Specialist, Enrollment Services, 2.134 Lee Hage Jamail Student Center, 301 University Blvd., Galveston, Texas 77555-1305. Her telephone number is: (409) 772-9795. Her e-mail address is: cacromie@utmb.edu. Ms. Cromie will determine your eligibility for F-1 status based on your admission to UTMB.

For information about academic programs and application for admission as a student see the web page for Enrollment Services. F-1 students whose I-20 forms are issued by UTMB should consult the Office of Enrollment Services for assistance with academic and immigration related issues. F-1 students whose I-20 forms are issued by another college or university, and who are working at UTMB under "curricular" or "optional practical training" should continue to consult the Designated School Official at their school regarding F-1 visa matters, and contact the UTMB Office of International Affairs regarding employment-related issues.

Helpful Links

Contact Us:
4.254 Rebecca Sealy