Current MD-PhD Student - Hung Doan
||Name: Hung Doan
Year in Program: MY4
Undergrad University: University of Texas-Austin
Mentor: Kenichi Fujise, M.D.
Graduate Program: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Cancer, apoptosis, and signal transduction
Honors and Awards
- John P. McGovern Practice of Medicine 3 Professionalism Essay Award, 2012
- Jane Walsh Award for Excellence in Cardiovascular Research, 2011
- Kay and Cary Cooper, Ph.D. Scholarship, 2011
- The Biological Chemistry Student Organization Award, 2011
- Shirley Patricia Parker Scholarship, 2010
- Barbara Bowman Award, 2010
- Arthur V. Simmang Graduate School Scholarship, 2009
- Marianne Blum, PhD Endowed Scholarship, 2009
- Distinguished Scholar Award, UTMB SOM Class of 2009, Spring 2008
- Chon SY, Doan HQ, Mays RM, Singh SM, Gordon RA, and Tyring SK. 2012. Antibiotic overuse and resistance in dermatology. Dermatol Ther 25(1):55-69.
- Gordon R, Mays R, Doan HQ, Lapolla W, Tyring SK. 2012. Biologic therapy and risk of infection. Skin Therapy Letter 17(4):1-4.
- Chen, Y, Fujita T, Zhang D. Doan H, Pinkaew D, Liu Z, Wu J, Koide Y, Chiu A, Jun-Lin C, Chang JY, Ruan KH, Fujise K. 2011. The physical and functional antagonism between p53 and fortilin, an anti-apoptotic molecule. J Biol Chem 286 (37): 32575-85.
- Rychahou PG, Kang J, Gulhati P, Doan HQ, Chen LA, Xiao SY, Chung DH, Evers BM. 2008. Akt2 overexpression plays a critical role in the establishment of colorectal cancer metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105(51):20315.
- Doan HQ, Bowen KA, Jackson LA, and Evers BM. 2009. Toll-like receptor 4 activation increases Akt phosphorylation in colon cancer cells. Anticancer Res 29(7): 2473-8.
- Bowen KA, Silva SR, Johnson JN, Doan HQ, Jackson LN, Gulhati P, Qiu S, Riall TS, Evers BM. 2009. An analysis of trends and growth factor receptor expression of GI carcinoid tumors. J Gastrointest Surg 13(10): 1773-80.
- Bowen KA, Doan HQ, Zhou BP, Wang Q, Zhou Y, Rychahou PG, and Evers BM. 2009. PTEN loss induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human colon cancer cells. Anticancer Res 29(11): 4439-49.
- Johnson SM, Gulhati P, Rampy BA, Han Y, Rychahou PG, Doan HQ, Weiss HL, Evers BM. 2010. Novel expression patterns of PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway components in colorectal cancer. J Am Coll Surg 210(5):767-76, 776-8.
- "PI3-Kinase Inhibition Modulates Chemotherapeutic Response in Colorectal Cancer Cells" Presented at National Student Research Forum, April 25, 2008.
- "Toll Like Receptor 4 Activates Akt in a Time-Dependent Manner." Presented at the Academic Surgical Congress, January 25, 2009.
Hobbies or just something about yourself in general:
I like to cook all sorts of food. My favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin cookies, and my favorite meal is New York Strip steak with haricut verts and potatoes au gratin. I also like to play the guitar.