Current MD-PhD Student - Latham Fink
||Name: Latham Fink
Year in Program: GY3
Undergrad University: Rhodes College
Mentor: Kathryn A. Cunningham, Ph.D.
Graduate Program: Neuroscience
Neuropsychopharmacology, Addiction, Cognitive Enhancement, Gene Therapy, Engineered Cell Signaling, RNAi
Honors and Awards
- Behavior, Biology, and Chemistry: Translational Research in Addiction Travel Award, 2011
- T32 Training Grant: Neural and Pharmacological Mechanisms of Abused Drugs
- Young Researcher's Travel Award, IV International Conference on Polyomaviruses and Human Disease, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2003
- Seo GJ, Fink LHL, O'Hara B, Atwood WJ, Sullivan CS. Evolutionarily conserved function of a viral microRNA. J Virol 2008 82: 9823–9828
- Latham HL Fink, Sonja J Stutz, Marcy J. Bubar, Kathryn A. Cunningham. Selective stimulation of the 5-HT2CR signalosome is associated with elevated basal and reduced 5-HT2CR-evoked levels of novelty-induced motility. Biology, Behavior, and Chemistry, San Antonio 2011. Re-presented at the National Student Research Forum, Galveston 2011.
- Noelle C. Anastasio, Andrew G. McGinnis, Patricia K. Seitz, Latham HL Fink, Cheryl S. Watson, Fernanda Laezza, Anton Agarkov, Amarnath Natarajan, Scott R. Gilbertson, and Kathryn A. Cunningham. Innovative strategy for maintaining activation of the serotonin 2C receptor (5-HT2CR) signalosome. Society for Neuroscience, San Diego 2010.
- Latham HL Fink, Gil Ju Seo, Bethany A. O'Hara, Don Ganem, Walter J. Atwood, and Christopher S. Sullivan. Biogenesis and function of Polyomaviral microRNAs. International Conference on Polyomaviruses and Human Diseases. Barcelona, Sep 30-Oct 3, 2007.
- Latham Fink, Don Ganem, and Christopher S. Sullivan. Biogenesis and function of viral microRNAs. Workshop on Mechanisms of Viral Oncogenesis: DNA Repair, Genetic Instability, and MicroRNAs. Lake Tahoe, Sep 7, 2007.
- Latham Fink, Don Ganem, Christopher S. Sullivan. Biogenesis and function of polyomaviral microRNAs. ICGEB DNA Tumor Virus Meeting. Trieste, July 17-22, 2007.
Hobbies or just something about yourself in general:
I take up hobbies faster than I can handle. My latest batch: fishing, sailing, rock climbing, coffee roasting, cycling, fine spirits, podcasts and audiobooks.