Current MD-PhD Student - Muayad Almahariq
||Name: Muayad Almahariq
Year in Program: GY2
Undergrad University: Middlebury College
Mentor: Xiaodong Cheng, Ph.D.
Graduate Program: Pharmacology and Toxicology
Honors and Awards
- Honor’s Program Graduate (2007), Middlebury College, VT
- Truman Graves Blocker Junior Research Scholar (2010), UTMB
- Bohdan Nechay Academic Award (2011), UTMB
- Robert Bennett Award (2012), UTMB
- Harry B. and Mary S. Kelso Endowed Blocker Scholarship (2012), UTMB
- Who’s Who Among Students In American Universities & Colleges Award (2013)
- Keck Center’s Training in Pharmacological Sciences Training Program predoctoral fellowhip (2011-2013), Gulf Coast Consortia
Hobbies or just something about yourself in general:
I enjoy sports, including basketball, skiing, and bowling.