Current MD-PhD Student - Shariq Ali
||Name: Shariq Ali
Year in Program: MY2
Undergrad University: University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Mentor: Jai S. Rudra, Ph.D.
Graduate Program: Pharmacology and Toxicology
Polymer chemistry and biomaterials
Honors and Awards
- Donaghey Scholar, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Graduated magna cum laude from University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Vice President - American Chemical Society, University of Arkansas at Little Rock Chapter
- Vice President - Model United Nations/Arab League, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Dean's List and Chancellor's List, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- (pending publication) The Effects of Co-Solvents on the Reaction of Amino-Terminated Polystyrene with Fullerene (Journal of Applied Polymer Science).
- 2010 - 239th ACS National Meeting: Synthesis and Characterization of Polymer Tethered Fullerene
- 2010 - Arkansas Academy of Sciences: Synthesis and Characterization of Polymer Tethered Fullerene
- 2011 - 241st ACS National Meeting: Cosolvent Effects on the Synthesis of Polymer Tethered Fullerene
- 2011 - UALR Student Research Exposition: Synthesis of polymer-tethered fullerene by an azide-fullerene coupling reaction
Hobbies or just something about yourself in general:
I speak Urdu, a mixture of Farsi and Hindi. I enjoy playing the guitar and drawing.