Dear Medical Staff Member,
Thank you for visiting the Medical Staff Services web site. This department acts as a liaison between the over 800 members of the medical staff and the UTMB Health System and associated hospitals and clinics. It is our intent to use this site as a mechanism to communicate with you regarding policies, procedures, and expectations; but, equally important, we would like it to evolve to serve as a conduit for processing your medical staff applications and requests for privileges in the future. Additionally, this site can serve as a tool for improved communication regarding projects and executive decisions that impact you, our customers.
Links to the following information are currently available:
1. Contact Us - each clinical department and division has a dedicated Credentialing Specialist in this office whose primary goal is to provide you with great customer service and help you navigate through the credentialing, privileging, and performance evaluation processes
2. Application Documents - documents can be printed, completed and returned to Medical Staff Services at the time of initial appointment to the medical staff or at reappointment which occurs every 2 years (documents can be scanned and e-mailed, faxed, mailed, or hand delivered to this office)
3. Link to Texas Standardized Credentialing Form and accompanying instructions from the Texas Department of Insurance - required for application and reapplication to the Medical Staff; documents can be completed on line, saved, and then printed and delivered to this office
4. Medical Staff Committees - members of these committees serve to balance your interests with those of UTMB and regulatory agencies
5. Link to iPrivileges - this system allows you to search privileges either by practitioner name or by the name of the privilege itself
6. Link to UTMB CME web page
7. Link to Medical Staff Bylaws
8. Medical Staff Dues - information regarding where your dues are being spent; you are welcome to provide suggestions for future expenditures (e.g. CME, automation of medical staff application processes, or other programs that improve your medical staff membership experience)
Thank you for your service to UTMB. Your constructive feedback is appreciated.
Medical Staff Services