Education and Post Graduate Training:
- Hunan Medical University, M.D., Ph.D., 1993
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Postdoc., 1998
- Harbor Hospital, Baltimore, MD, Medicine Internship, 2006
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Neurology Residency, 2010
- Link to CV
- Fang X, Moore SA, Nwankwo JO, Weintraub NL, Oberley LW, Snyder GD, and Spector AA. Induction of cycloxygenase-2 by overexpression of human catalase gene in cerebral microvascular endothelial cells. Journal of Neurochemistry 2000; 75: 614-623.
- Fang X, Kaduce TL, Weintraub NL, Harmon S, Teesch LM, Morisseau C, Thompson DA, Hammock BD, and Spector AA. Pathways of epoxyeicosatrienoic acid metabolism in endothelial cells: Implication for the vascular effects of soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibition. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2001; 276: 14867-14874.
- Fang X, Weintraub NL, McCaw RB, Hu S, Harmon S, Rice J, Hammock BD and Spector AA. Effect of soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibition on epoxyeicosatrienoic acids metabolism in human blood vessels. Am J Physiol - Heart Circ. Physiol. 2004; 287: H2412-H2420.
- Chen P, Hu SM, Yao J, Moore SA, Spector AA, and Fang X. Induction of cyclooxygenase-2 by anandamide in cerebral microvascular endothelium. Microvascular Research 2005; 69: 28-35.
- Fang X, Hu SM, Watanabe T, Weintraub NL, Snyder GD, Yao J, Liu Y, Shyy J, Hammock BD, and Spector AA. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α by substituted urea-derived soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibitors. Journal of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics 2005; 314:260-270.
- Fang X, Faraci F, Kaduce TL, Harmon SD, Falck JR, Weintraub NL, and Spector AA. 20-hydroxyeicosatrienoic acid (20-HETE) is a potent dilator of mouse basilar artery: Role of cyclooxygenase. Am. J. Physiol. - Heart Circ Physiol. 2006; 291: H2301-H2307.
- Guan CX, Cui YR, Yu F, Sun GY, Zhang M, Liu HJ, and Fang X. Role of cAMP response element binding protein in vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)-mediated wound healing in human bronchial epithelial cells. Regulatory Peptide 2009; 153:64-69.
- Sun GY, Guan CX, Zhou Y, Liu YP, Zhou H-F, Tang C-Y, and Fang X. Vasoactive intestinal peptide re-balances TREM-1/TREM-2 ratio in acute lung injury. Regulatory Peptide 2011; 167: 56-64.
- Peng H, Yang M, Chen Z-Y, Chen P, Guan CX, Xiang XD, Cai S, Chen Y and Fang X. Expression and Methylation of Mitochondrial Transcription Factor A in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Patients with Lung Cancer. PLOS One 2013, December 18; 8(12):e82739. doi: 10.1371.
- Liu Z-L, Liu Y-P, Gao R, Li H-X, Dunn T, Wu P, Smith GR, Sarkar PS, and Fang X. Ethanol Suppresses PGC-1 α Expression by Interfering with the cAMP-CREB Pathway in Neuronal Cells. PLoS One 2014, August 6; 9(8): e104247. doi:10.1371.
These publications are selected from 52 peer-reviewed original research contributions. For a complete list of publications: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
- American Neurological Association (ANA) (2013 - Present, invited member)
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN) (2007 - Present)
- American Medical Association (AMA) (2007 - 2012)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board -- Current Cardiology Reviews (2004 - Present)
- Member, Editorial Board -- Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine (JRSM) Short Report (2012)
- Member, Editorial Board -- Recent Patents on Cardiovascular Drug Discovery (2005 - Present)
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board -- The Open Biochemistry Journal (2007- Present)
- Member, Editorial Board Member -- The Scientific World Journal (2011 - Present)
- Member, Organizing Committee: The First South China International Conference on Translational and Individualized Medicine. Changsha, China (October 8-10, 2010)