Faculty Scholars are nominated when a call for nominations is made by the president of the University. Nominations can be sumitted by students, housestaff, faculty or staff.
- full-time faculty members of the UTMB School of Medicine,
- have an M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degreee,
- have obtained the rank of assistant professor or above,
- hold major responsibilities in teaching and patient care, and
- model humanistic and compassionate care to patients, students, and colleagues.
For more information about the current Faculty Scholars, please visit the faculty scholars page.
The McGovern Academy includes 12 Osler Student Scholars, UTMB second-, third- and fourth-year medical students chosen for their demonstrated commitment to compassionate care. In addition to receiving support of $10,000 a year for the duration of their medical school careers, Student Scholars undertake individual and group service learning projects. Among their activities is selecting recipients of the Thayer Award. Named for Osler's chief resident at Johns Hopkins, William S. Thayer, this honor recognizes house staff who exemplify Oslerian ideals. For more information about the current Student Scholars, please visit the Student Scholars page.