Practice of Medicine 3 Essay Award
in Oslerian Medicine
Third Year medical students may voluntarily enroll in the Practice of Medicine-3 Course. Students meet monthly in small groups with faculty facilitators to discuss issues relevant to humanism and health care systems. Each month they submit an essay about an aspect of the assigned topic. Facilitators are invited to nominate their most insightful students for the POM-s Essay Award. Selection is based upon review of 3 essays from nominees, with a maximum of 2 student recipients per year. The Award is supported jointly by the McGovern Academy of Oslerian Medicine and the Dr. C. W. Daeschner, Jr. '45 endowment.
- Previous recipients:
- Anand Padmanabha – Joy In Medicine, Team Work, Third Year Reflection
- Roxanne Radi –Burnout, Error, Joy of Medicine
- Hung Doan – 2012 Professional Essay
- Bonnie Reed – 2012 Professional Essay
- Stephanie Meyer – 2011 Professionalism Essay
- Christopher Romero – 2011 Professionalism Essay
The recipients are honored during the annual Osler Oration.