Posters/Presentations at Meetings
- “Analysis of Cirrus HD-OCT variability for evaluating the retinal nerve fiber layer thickness over a 6 x 6 mm2 peripapillary area” by James D. Kim, Giovanni Taibbi, William Pearce, Misha Syed, Faraz Khan, Rabeea Khan, Doan Lam Tran, Gianmarco Vizzeri, GLADIUS Study Group was presented at the 8th International Symposium of Ophthalmology - Hong Kong (ISO-HK) December 14-16, 2012.
- “Agreement Between Cirrus HD-OCT Circumpapillary Retinal Nerve Fiber layer Thickness (RNFLT) Analysis and a Novel Computation Algorithm for Analysis of the RNFLT Over a 6 x 6 mm2 Peripapillary Area“ by Belal H. Bakir, Giovanni Taibbi, James Kim, William Pearce, Gregory Taroyan, Orry Birdsong, Emma Loucks, and Gianmarco Vizzeri. ARVO Meeting Abstracts March 26, 2012 53:2105
- “Effects of UVA-Riboflavin Crosslinking on Cornea: A Multimodal Microscopy Study” by B. Anyama, K. Edward, G. Vargas, M. Motamedi, P. Gupta was a poster presented at ISER 2012 in Germany.
- Joshua Hardin received the Best Neuroscience and Cell Biology Poster, Alan Guttmacher Award for Translational Research, for the research project entitled “Analysis of Cirrus HD-OCT Variability for Evaluating the Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thickness Over a 6'6 mm2 Peripapillary Area” - 54th Annual National Student Research Forum, April 25-26, 2013 Galveston, TX
- Meredith Melton received the Faculty Women's Caucus Award for Excellence in Research for the research project entitled “Clinicians Agreement in Detecting Glaucoma using Cirrus HD-OCT” - 2012 UTMB Medical Student Summer Research Program, Galveston, TX
- Gregory Peterson received the award of Best Overall Poster for the research project entitled “The Effect of Motion Artifacts on Cirrus HD-OCT Calculation Circle Placement” - 2012 UTMB Medical Student Summer Research Program, Galveston, TX
- Layla Ghergherehchi received the Faculty Women's Caucus Award for Excellence in Research as part of the Medical Student Summer Research Program (MSSRP) 6/2010.
- Vincent Nguyen (Texas A&M Summer 2013) - Assessing the Risk of Geographic Atrophy Progression in Age-Related Macular Degeneration: a retrospective study
- Forrest Foster (Summer 2013) - Identification of amyloid beta plaques in the eyes of Alzheimer's disease mouse model.