Microscope Imaging Laboratory
1. View the Training Video(s) for the correct
operation of each microscope you are interested in using.
2. Read the required documents and, if possible, the
suggested readings found near the end of
3. Complete the appropriate online user agreements below for each microscope
you will use and submit form by email to Dr. Gustavo Valbuena (email@example.com).
4. Schedule a first visit to the Imaging Facility with Dr. Valbuena in order
to assign a user and password for each computer controlling the respective
5. Dr. Valbuena will request your card-coded access to the facility and
share the Outlook Calendar for scheduling microscope use time.
The Department of
Pathology assumes responsibility for assuring that
all pathologists, scientists and other personnel
who utilize the Pathology Imaging Core facilities
are provided with appropriate training and/or
instruction. As such, a set of Training
Videos has been developed to serve as part of the fundamental instruction for the lab. All new users for the Imaging Core must review the video set below before being granted a user account for the equipment.
Olympus IX71 Inverted Fluorescence
Relevant links related to microscopy may be found at the
website of the Microscopy Society of America