Eduardo Eyzaguirre, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology;
Associate Director, Surgical Pathology; Division Director, Immunohistochemistry Laboratory
University of Texas Medical Branch
2.190 John Sealy Annex
301 University Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77555-0588
Office: (409) 772-5548
||Field of Study
||San Marcos University, College of Biological Sciences
||Cayetano Heredia University, Lima, Peru
||Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
||Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
||University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
||Infectious Diseases Pathology
||Member, World Health Collaborative Center for Tropical Diseases, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
||Consultant, Surgical Pathologist, Gynecologic- Oncology Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
||Attending Pathologist, Division of Surgical Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
||Member Medical Staff, John Sealy Hospital, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
||Assistant Professor (tenure track), School of Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
||Alternate Consultant Pathologist, Renal Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
||Consultant Pathologist, Division of Anatomic Pathology, National Institute of Health, Lima, Peru
||Attending Pathologist, Division of Anatomic Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Lima, Peru
||Active Member, Medical Staff, Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Lima, Peru
||Associate Director, Surgical Pathology Division, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
||Director, Immunohistochemistry Laboratories, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- College of American Pathologists
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
Viral Determinants of Hantavirus Pulmonary Disease in the Hamster.
- Figueroa-Quintanilla D, Salazar-Lindo E, Bradley Sack R, Leon-Barua R, Sarabia-Arce S, Campos-Sanchez M, Eyzaguirre-Maccan, E. A controlled trial of Bismuth subsalicylate in infants with acute watery diarrheal disease. N Engl J Med 328:1653-1658, 1993.
- Moshin SE, Lee MW, Amin MB, Stoler MH, Eyzaguirre E, Ma CK, Zarbo RJ. Cutaneous verruciform xanthoma: A report of five cases investigating the etiology and nature of xanthomatous cells. Am J Surg Pathol 22:479-487, 1998.
- Subbarao VD, Sheahan RG, Conti VR, Eyzaguirre E, Ahmad M.. Primary cardiac malignancy masquerading as mitral valve stenosis. Circulation. 99:2342-2344, 1999.
- Logrono R, Filipowicz E, Eyzaguirre E, Sawh RN. Diagnosis of primary fibrosarcoma of the lung by fine needle aspiration and core biopsy. Case report and review of the literature. Arch Pathol Lab Med 123:731-735, 1999.
- Eyzaguirre E, Miettinen M, Norris B, Gatalica Z. Different immunohistochemical patterns of Fhit protein expression in renal neoplasms. Mod Pathol. 12:979-983, 1999.
- Gatalica Z, Finkelstein S, Lucio E, Tawfik O, Palazzo J, Eyzaguirre E. p53 protein expression and gene mutation in Phyllodes tumors of the breast. Pathol Res Pract 197: 183-187, 2001.
- Milazzo ML, Eyzaguirre EJ, Molina CP, Fulhorst CF. Maporal viral infection in the Syrian golden hamster: a model of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. J Infect Dis 186: 1390-1395, 2002.
- Eyzaguirre EJ, Gatalica Z. Loss of Fhit expression in testicular germ cell tumors and intratubular germ cell neoplasia. Mod Pathol 15:1068-1072, 2002.
- Andreev, VG, Ponomarev AE, Henrichs PM, Motamedi M, Orihuela E, Eyzaguirre E, Oraevsky AA. Detection of prostate cancer with opto-acoustic tomography. Proc SPIE 4960:45-57, 2003.
- Eyzaguirre EJ, Wang L, Garcia MK, Kumar R, Ayala AG, Gatalica Z. Intraosseous lipoma: A clinical, radiologic, and pathologic study of 5 cases. Ann Diagn Pathol 11:320-325, 2007.
- Eyzaguirre EJ, Milazzo ML, Koster FT, Fulhorst CF. Pathology of Choclo virus infection in the Syrian golden hamster. Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:669-674, 2008.
- Eyzaguirre EJ, Haque AK. Applications of immunohistochemistry to infections. Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:424-431, 2008.
- Hassan MH, Eyzaguirre EJ, Arafa HMM, Hamada FMA, Salama SA, Al-Hendy A. Memy I: A novel murine model for uterine leiomyoma using adenovirus-enhanced human fibroid explants in severe combined immune deficiency mice. Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:156.e1-156.e8, 2008.
- Wang Z, Dong J, Eyzaguirre EJ, Tang WW, Eltorky MA, Qiu S. Detection of human
papilloma virus subtype 16 and P16ink4a in invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the
fallopian tube and concomitant squamous cell carcinoma in situ of the cervix. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 35: 385-389; 2009.