You-Wen Qian, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Pathology;
Director, Laboratory Information Systems
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd,
Galveston, TX 77555-0741
Office: (409) 772-2846
Fax: (409) 747-0628
||Field of Study
||Wannan Medical College, WuHu, China
||Fudan University Medical Center, Shanghai, China
|Stanford University, Stanford, CA
||University of California at Davis, Davis, CA
||University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
||Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
||UCLA-Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
||Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
||Informatics Scholarship, CAP Foundation and IMPAC, UT MD Anderson, Houston, TX and IMPAC, Mountain View, CA
||Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Performance as Chief Resident, UMDNJ-NJMS, Newark, NJ
||CAP Foundation APIII Conference Travel Award
||Guanghua Scholarship, Shanghai Medical University, China
||American Society for Clinical Pathology
||College of American Pathologist
||United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
||American Society of Hematology
||Society for Hematopathology
||Association of Pathology Informatics
||American Medical Informatics Association
My research interest is focused on the diagnosis of benign and malignant hematopoietic diseases using various approaches including flow cytometry immunophenotyping. I am also interested in Pathology Informatics, especially in laboratory information handling and clinical decision support.
- Koshy J, Alperin J, Jana B, Markowitz A,and Qian YW. A Case of Philadelphia chromosome positive myeloproliferative neoplasm in a pregnant woman with unusual primary myelofibrosis features . Case Reports in Hematology. 2013.
- Zuo Y, Foshat M, Qian YW, Kelly B, Karnath B. A rare case of Kikuchi Fujimoto’s disease with subsequent development of systemic lupus erythematosus. Case Reports in Rheumatology. 2012, doi:10.1155/2012/325062.
- Koshy J, Qian YW, Bhagwath G, Willis M, Kelley TW, Papenhausen P. Microarray, gene sequencing and RT-PCR analysis on a cryptic PML-RARA translocation. Cancer Genetics. 2012;205:537-540.
- Clement CG, Potluri VR, Gonzales J, Qian YW. Translocation (5; 11) in a conjunctival MALT lymphoma. Int. J. Clin. Exp. Pathol. 2011;4(7):722-726.
- Qian YW, Weissmann D, August D, Strair R. Indolent T-lymphoblastic proliferation in Castleman disease. Lymphoma and Leukemia.2009;50(2):306-308.
- Czuchlewski D, Zhang QY, Qian YW and Foucar K. Absence of lymphatics in diffuse osseous hemangiomatosis. Human Pathology. 2009;40:143-144.
- Qian YW, Mital D, Lee S. An online flow cytometry decision support system. Int. J. Medical Engineering and Informatics. 2008; 1(1):109-124.
- Qian YW, Malliah R, Lee HJ, Das K, Meerani N. A t(12;17) translocation in an extraorbital giant cell angiofibroma. Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics. 2006;165:157-160.
- Qian YW, Siegel D, Bhattacharyya P. CD30 positive cutaneous large cell lymphoproliferative disorder in a patient with multiple myeloma. Arch. of Pathol. and Lab. Med. 2006;130:e41-e43.
- Qian YW, Sung RJ, Lin SF, Province R, Clusin WT, Spatial heterogeneity of action potential alternans during global ischemia in rabbit hearts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2003;285:H2722-H2733.
- Qian YW, Clusin WT, Lin SF, Han J, Sung RJ. Spatial heterogeneity of calcium transient alternans during the early phase of myocardial ischemia in the blood-perfused rabbit heart. Circ. 2001(17); 104:2082-2087. IF: 14.739 (2011)
- Qian YW, Li Z, Huang LX, Han XL, Sun LT, Zhou HQ, Liu ZY. Blocking effect of Puerarin on calcium channel in isolated guinea pig ventricular myocytes. Chin. Med. J. (English) 1999;(9):787-789.
- Qian YW, Han XL, Jiang ZW. The changes of soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor in patients with coronary heart disease and its clinical significance. Chin. Circ. J.1997:12(3):195-197.
- Qian YW, Yang XY, Yao RM, Yang YZ,Chen HZ. Protective effect of extra-cellular hyper-kalemia on schemia and reperfuson injury of isolated rat eart. Chin. J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1996;12(3)179-181.
- Qian YW, Yang XY, Yao RM, Yang YZ, Chen HZ. The electrophysiological changes of hypoxia and reoxygenation to mycardium and the effect of hyperkalemia. J. Clin. Electrocardiol. 1996; 5(1):19-22.