Smita Vaidya, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Pathology;
Director, Tissue Antigen Laboratory
University of Texas Medical Branch
2.810 Rebecca Sealy building
301 University Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77555-0178
Office: ( 409) 747-9550
Fax: (409) 747-9555
||Field of Study
||University of North Carolina
||Texas Woman’s University
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
- Association of Surgical Technologists
Recognition of HLA epitopes by HLA antibodies.
- VAIDYA S, want CC, Roorda C, Billings A, Rajaraman S and Fish JC. Tolerance for fraft-versus-host disease by intrathymic injection of recipient-type splenocytes into donor. Transplant Proc 29:1073-1075, 1997.
- VAIDYA S, Wang CC, Gugliuzza K and Fish JC. Relative risk of post-tranplant renal thrombosis in ESRD patients with antiphospholipid antibodies. Clin Transpl 12:439-444, 1998.
- VAIDYA S, Wang CC, Gugliuzza K, and Fish JC. Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome and post-transplant renal thrombosis. Transpl Proc 31:230-233, 1999.
- Brayman AA, Coppage ML, VAIDYA S and Miller MW. Transient poration and cell surface receptor removal from human lymphocytes in vitro by 1MH ultrasound. Ultrasound Med Biol 25(6):999-1008, 1999.
- VAIDYA S, Sellers R, Kimball P, Shanahan T, Gugliuzza K and Fish JC. Frequency potential risk and theraputic intervention in ESRD patients with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome – A multi-center study. Transplantation 69(7):1348-1352, 2000.
- VAIDYA S, Cooper T, Stewart D, Bray R, Daller J, Fish J, Gugliuzza K. Improved flow cytometric detection of HLA antibodies using pronase: Potential implications in renal transplantation. Transplantation 71(3):422-428, 2001.
- VAIDYA S, Sellers R, Gugliuzza K, Daller J and Fish JC. Therapy in ESRD patients with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Transpl Proc 33:1257-1258, 2001.
- VAIDYA S, Cooper T, Stewart D, Bray R. Pronase improves detection of HLA antibodies in flow crossmatches. Transpl Proc 33:473-474, 2001.
- VAIDYA S, Guggliuzza K, Daller, JA. Role of anti-beta2 glycoprotein 1antibodies in ESRD Patients with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Clin Transpl 16: 362-367,2002
- VAIDYA S, Guggliuzza K, Daller JA Efficacy of anticoagulation therapy in ESRD patients with anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome. Transplantation 77 (7):1046-49, 2004
- Thomas PG, Ishihara K, VAIDYA S, Guggliuza KK. Campath and renal transplantrejection.Clin Transplant 2004;18: 759
- VAIDYA S, Management of ESRD patients with antiphosphoantibody syndrome Transpl Proc. 37: 650-651, 2005
- VAIDYA S. Synthesis of new and memory HLA antibodies from acute and chronic rejection versus pregnancies and blood transfusion. Transpl.Proce. 37: 648-649;2005
- VAIDYA S. Partlow D, Barnes T, Thomas P and Gugliuzza K. Soluble CD30 concentration in ESRD patients with and without PRA. Clin Transplant. 10:1399; 2006
- VAIDYA S. Partlow D, Barnes T and Gugliuzza K. Pre-transplant Soluble CD30 is a better predictor of post-transplant development of donor-specific antibodies and acute vascular rejection. Transplantation.82:1606; 2006.
- VAIDYA S. Partlow D, Susskind B, Noor M, Barnes T and Gugliuzza K. Prediction of crossmatch outcome of highly sensitized patients by single or/and multiple antigen bead Luninex assay. Transplantation.82:1524; 2006
- Thomas PG, Woodside KJ, Lappin JA, VAIDYA S, Rajaraman S and Gugliuzza KK. Alemtuzumab (CAMPATH IH) induction with tacrolimus monotherapy is safe for high Immunological risk renal transplantation. Transplantation 83:1509-1512; 2007.
- Lick SD, Vaidya S, Kollar AC, Boor PJ and Ventrees RA. Peri-operative alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) and plasmapheresis for high PRA positive lymphocyte crossmatch heart Transplant: A strategy to shorten left ventricular assist device J heart Lung transplant.27(9)
- Vaidya, S Clinical importance of anti-human leukocyte antigen specific antibody Concentration in performing calculated panel reactive antibody and virtual crossmatches. Transplantation. 85(7); 1046-50 2008
- Vaidya S, Hilson B Sheldon S, Cano P and Fernandez-Vina M. DP reactive antibody in a zero mismatch renal transplant pair. Human Immunol 68; 947-949; 2007