Gangduo Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
Instructor, Environmental Toxicology, Department of Pathology
University of Texas Medical Branch
2.308 Mary Moody Northen Pavilion
301 University Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77555-0438
Office: (409) 747-0090
||Field of Study
||Shandong Medical University, Jinan, China
||Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing, China
- Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
Experimental models and mechanisms of chemical-induced autoimmunity.
- Wang G, Pierangeli S, Papalardo E, Ansari GAS, Khan MF. Markers of Oxidative and Nitrosative Stress in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Correlation with Disease Activity. Arthritis Rheum (submitted) 2009.
- Wang G, Reed E, Cuff CF, and Li QQ. An evaluation of β-elemene in combination with cisplatin as a regimen for prostate cancer chemotherapy. Oncol Rep (submitted) 2009.
- Wang G, Wang J, Ma H, Ansari GA, Khan MF. Increased Nitration and Carbonylation of Proteins in Trichloroethene-Mediated Autoimmune Response. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 237:188-195, 2009.
- Li QQ, Wang G, Zhang M, Cuff CF, Huang L, Reed E. beta-Elemene, a novel plant-derived antineoplastic agent, increases cisplatin chemosensitivity of lung tumor cells by triggering apoptosis. Oncol Rep. 22: 161-170, 2009.
- Wang G, König R, Ansari GA, Khan MF. Lipid peroxidation-derived aldehyde-protein adducts contribute to trichloroethene-mediated autoimmunity via activation of CD4 (+) T cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 44:1475-1482, 2008
- Wang J, Wang G, Ansari GA, Khan MF. Activation of oxidative stress-responsive signaling pathways in early splenotoxic response of aniline. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 230: 227-234, 2008
- Wang G, Ansari GA, Khan MF. Involvement of lipid peroxidation-derived aldehyde-protein adducts in autoimmunity mediated by trichloroethene. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 70:1977-1985, 2007.
- Wang G, Cai P, Ansari GA, Khan MF. Oxidative and nitrosative stress in trichloroethene-mediated autoimmune response. Toxicology. 229:186-193, 2007.
- Yin XJ, Wang G, Khan-Dawood FS. Requirements of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase and mammalian target of rapamycin for estrogen-induced proliferation in uterine leiomyoma- and myometrium-derived cell lines. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 196:176.e1-5, 2007.
- Zhao J, Li QQ, Wang G, Li X, Kim JE, Cuff CF, Huang L, Reed E, Gardner K. In vitro combination characterization of the new anticancer plant drug beta-elemene with taxanes against human lung carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 31:241-252, 2007.
- Wang G, Li X, Huang F, Zhao J, Ding H, Cunningham C, Coad J, Reed E and Li QQ. Antitumor Effect of β-Elemene in Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells is Mediated via Induction of Cell Cycle Arrest and Apoptotic Cell Death. Cell Mol Life Sci. 62:881-93, 2005
- Li X, Wang G, Zhao J, Ding H, Cunningham C, Coad J, Reed E and Li QQ. Antiproliferative effect of β-elemene in chemoresistant ovarian carcinoma cells is mediated through arresting the cell cycle at G2-M phase. Cell Mol Life Sci. 62: 894-904, 2005
- Li L, Luan Y, Li X, Tang B, Li D, Zhao J, Wang G, Ding H, Reed E, Li QQ. Demonstration of differential gene expression between sensitive and resistant ovarian tumor cells by fluorescence differential display-PCR analysis. Oncol Rep. 13: 793-799, 2005
- Hu J, Liu S, Wang J, Xia X, Feng Y, Tao D, Wang G, Li X, Zhao J, Ding H, Reed E, Li QQ, Gong J. Overexpression of the N-terminal end of the p55gamma regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase blocks cell cycle progression in gastric carcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 26: 1321-1327, 2005
- Wang G, Reed E, Li QQ. Molecular basis of cellular response to cisplatin chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 12: 955-965, 2004
- Wang G, Reed E, Li QQ. Apoptosis in prostate cancer: Progressive and therapeutic implications. Int J Mol Med. 14: 23-34, 2004
- Han S, Zhang X, Wang G, Guan H, Garcia G, Li P, Feng L, Zheng B. FTY720 Suppresses Humoral Immunity by Inhibiting Germinal Center Reaction. Blood; 104: 4129-4133, 2004
- Hu G, Ryan S, Zhu Y, Reed E, Li X, Wang G, and Li QQ. Vascular endothelial growth factor modulates cisplatin sensitivity in human ovarian carcinoma cells. Cancer The. 1: 31-37, 2004
- Zhong X, Li X, Wang G, Zhu Y, Hu G, Zhao J, Ding H, Reed E, Li QQ. Mechanisms Underlying the Synergistic Effect of SU5416 and Cisplatin on Cytotoxicity in Human Ovarian Tumor Cells. Int J Oncol. 25: 445-451, 2004
- Li L, Luan Y, Wang G, Li D, Zhang W, Tang B, Reed E, Li QQ. Development and characterization of five cell models for chemoresistance studies of human ovarian carcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 14: 257-264, 2004