The Research Histopathology Core (RHC)
The Research Histopathology Core (RHC) provides analytical morphology related services to the research teams and educational programs at UTMB. The facility is equipped with the latest available instrumentation and operated by highly skilled personnel, who can assist with tissue preparation, immunohistochemistry including assay optimization, image analysis, digital photomicrography, anatomical consultation, and Insitu hybridization. RHC provides an expanded service including coordinated histopathology support services or develop special protocols to fit your research needs for investigators engaged in research in emerging diseases. We look forward to providing these services to fit your research needs and yield high quality results.
Kerry Graves, Judith Aronson, and Kenneth Escobar
Kenneth Escobar (Laboratory Manager) is an ASCP certified Histotechnologists with long term experience in clinical/diagnostic and research histopathology.
Kerry Graves (Research Associate) has extensive expertise in Immunohistochemistry, having worked diagnostic and research laboratories at UTMB since 1978.
Judith F. Aronson (Laboratory Director) is a pathologist with over 20 years experience in anatomic pathology and research.
- Tissue processing and embedding
- Special microtomy and cryotomy
- Routine and special staining
- Immunohistochemistry, manually and automated
- Immunohistochemistry assay development
- Insitu Hybridization
- TUNEL staining (manual)
- Two color immunohistochemistry
- Immunofluorescence staining
Equipment available for users includes:
- Laser capture microdissection system
- Tissue arrayer
- Image analysis software
- Microtome and cryostat
- Light and epifluorescent microscope
- Dissecting microscope with photo image software
- Cytocentrifuge for preparation of cell smears