General Academic Pediatrics
Division Director: Patricia S. Beach, M.D.
Members: Ann Jimerson, M.D., Suzanne LaForte, M.D., David McCormick, M.D., Ralph Noble, M.D.,
Patricia Rogers, M.D., Kwabena Sarpong, M.D., Gayani Silva, M.D., Christine Murphy, M.D., Mark Wolffarth, M.D.
- Development of clinical skills in pediatrics for medical students and residents
- Work with the Galveston County Advocacy Center to coordinate the assessment and care of child victims of maltreatment
- Provide regional leadership through the Forensic Assessment Center Network to consult with and develop expertise among area medical and law enforcement personnel regarding victims of child maltreatment
- Staff various primary care Pediatric Clinics in Galveston County
- Provide limited medical services on Newborn Nursery at UTMB
- Support various clinical research projects which occur in the outpatient pediatric clinics, including vaccine trials and research on common pediatric condition